entries links
credits links tagboard
archives me & etc
links
Thursday, September 24, 2009

On the first lesson of the week, Mr Chua came into our class and gave us a worksheet which is supposed to prepare us for our next essay. The passage we were going to do this time round was the unseen prose passage 2.
At first, I had no idea what story was it. Soon, Mr Chua asked us what story was this and only then i knew that the story was on a scene from The Lord Of The Rings.
This time, we are supposed to write on how the settings in the passage help enhance the atmosphere in the passage. I was very determined to get at least a pass for my essay this time round.


On the second lesson of the week, Mr Chua gave us a photo-copied version of 3 essays which were written by our classmates. I was surprised that one of my very close friend was said to be the best. Yong jie essay was the best, followed by Meng Ern and followed by Elnaz. They are not exactly the top 3 but is that they are from 3 type of 'marks range'...
Yong jie's essay was very long and wordy but it had lots of information. I doubt I can write so much in such a short period of time.
Meng Ern essay was the normal type. He could have actually scored very high marks but according to Mr Chua, he misinterpreted the question and focused on another thing and not on answering the question.
Elnaz's essay was just too basic and general as it did not provided much answering.
For this essay, I only got 9/25 marks... I am seriously very pissed off and by hook or crook, I must at least get a pass in the next essay...
I am so going to do well in my next essay.

posted by alloy @ 7:19 AM