Sunday, September 27, 2009
Well, for this play, I was very determined to do well for it as it consist of 70% for the End-Of-Year for Literature exam! I also screwed up the last performance which is about Macbeth which was during Term 2. I was the main person so my other 2 team members will follow what I say. Everything went well except for the last part where i spoke the last sentence first, followed by the last second sentence. I did score well for that play as well so this time round I must do better! Well, for this play, I think that there was not as much time as the previous play to prepare. Or maybe time just passed too quickly and I did not realised it. After two to three weeks of having practice twice a week, which are on Monday and Wednesday.
On the first week of practice, we just started to read off from the paper to get a feeling of how it will be.
On the second week, some of us started memorising the script and soon we were already halfway through the whole script. Our script was The Merchant Of Venice so it was very long.
On the first session of the third week, we planned our props and crops which was rather troublesome. On the second session some of us just continued to memorise the script. Some of us still have not confirmed a character yet.
Soon, it was the September holidays. We were planning to meet up only on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday, we had to finalise who was which character. Then we started the full script. I was Bassanio and i exactly 1 week left to remember the whole script. Its was a very good thing i was not Portia or I would have died long ago.
On Wednesday, we went to buy fabrics. We had a hard time as the prices were quite high but we had no choice and spent about $30. Then we went back to one of our group mate's house and think about how are we going to sew the fabrics as all the tailoring stores were too expensive. It cost abt $50 to tailor one peice of clothe!!! That is just totally ridiculous! After a while, we still could not figure a way out so we just continued our rehersal.
On Thursday only a few people turned up as there were CCAs going on so we did not do anything. On Friday, we still could not find a way on how to tailor the fabrics. So we just continued our rehersal. We did not have any rehersals during that weekend.
On Monday we met up after school and started to sew the fabrics our ownselves. We gave up soon as it took about 1 hour for one piece of clothing and the clothing was also quite ugly. Then we decided to just use an easier way out...
On Tuesday, some of my group mates brought in some malay clothings that looks a little old, so we think it suits our play as ours were unmodernised. So our props and crops were FINALLY DONE!!! (: We also did some rehersals.
The final day has arrived and my heartbeat was constant thought the whole day, constantly very high. We went out to buy some extra thing that were needed and started rehersing all the way. Luckily, our group was at 5pm. Although we had to wait a long time, we put the time to good use, in fact very good use. During that period of time, I would really like to thank my group members for helping build up my confidence. Halfway though while changing to our crops, disaster struck, i had an urgent stomachache! Luckily i brought some toilet paper from my house as i knew this always happen s whenever I am very anxious. I was not the only one! Another of my groupmate and even my director had the same issues, so we used my toilet paper that i brought from my house. (:
P.S. The play will be in the next entry post. (: