entries links
credits links tagboard
archives me & etc
links
Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On the first Literature lesson of the week, Mr Chua came in late as Ms Tan continued teaching despite the bell rang.
When Mr Chua came in, he told us that we are running short of time and we need to do something that concerns our CA2 marks but neither of us expect something to shock us. He gave us a paper talking about what our weak points are and what we should continue to improve on and he believe that many people cheated for their essays by copying each other work which admit is true for some of my classmates (OOPS!).
So Mr Chua wanted to be fair and not mark those people who did not copy to get zero marks as it would be impossible to know which essay was the genuine piece and the copied piece. Then Mr Chua gave us all back the essays and i think everyone got 4/25... Even me too!!! I was very angry as i wrote about 4 pages long! Even though my evidences were there, Mr Chua still wrote there where are your evidences.
Haiz, never mind, so during the rewriting of the essays, I just changed all the evidences hoping that my 4 pages essay would be better. I only wrote abt 3 and a 1/2 pages long for the rewriting as there was insufficent time. I am seriously very mad that i have to rewrite the whole essay.
And Mr Chua said that in order to prevent people from copying each other work again in the future, we are going to do all essays in class. I was even more pissed off when I heard that! 45mins is just totally NOT ENOUGH TIME TO WRITE A GOOD ESSAY!!! So i guess the only way to counter that is to that hopefully, Mr Chua will give us the essay question before the day that we have to do the essay, then I can go home and plan out the whole essay, then it would not be much of a problem during the essay writing lesson...
I am seriously hoping that Mr Chua will reconsider this!!!!!


On thursday, Mr Chua came in with his laptop, and started distrubuting worksheets. Soon, we were updating our contents page for the Literature file.
My file was so thick and messy, as I have still not taken out the worksheets for semester 1 and most of them are all not filed! So i planned to go home and file but i still updated the contents page anyway.
Soon, Nadia was asked to read the first paragraph of a article which was about a woman talking about Little India. We took turns to read by asking another person to read within 5 seconds or we had to read again. Only rovin was the unlucky one to read two paragraphs. Luckily, lady luck was with me and my name was not called.
Then Mr Chua explained to us more about the article, and showed us two videos. One was about HDB flats which I see everyday and another was Little India. They were very different, in terms of houses, liveliness, convenience and the noise level... We were then asked to write down the differences between the both of them.
At that point of time, I somehow could not think of any differences.


I really hope that Mr Chua would change his mind and allow us to do our essays at home as it is exteremly troublesome and it can increase our stress level very easily too, which is very bad for our health...

posted by alloy @ 7:26 AM